Online Account Connection Mode
This communication method is very similar to Skype. You log into your Anyplace Control account and access your contact list (remote computers you previously added to account).
Usually, to add remote PC to account, you should install our software (Host module) on the remote PC and enter your account name during the installation.
But in case of one-time remote access, installation is not required for remote PC: just send special web-link to your partner; he clicks this link and his PC appears in your account automatically.
Read more about one-time remote assistance without installation here:
How to Access Remote PC or provide Remote Assistance: step-by-step...
Computer ID connection mode.
Most easy communication method! Your partner should download Anyplace Control package to his PC and select "Run" option of installation wizard to run software without installation. Then his unique ID-number and password will be displayed. Enter this ID and password in your Admin Module ("Computer ID connection" tab) to connect to your partner's PC.
How to control the remote computer (video guide)
IP-address Connection mode.IP-address Connection mode is designed for connection to a remote computer using the IP address or DNS name, and will require the successful configuration of parameters such as the static IP address and firewall and router settings.
To connect to the Host, perform the following:
- Start the Admin Module on your computer using the 'Start' menu or desktop shortcut
- Select 'Direct Connection' tab
- Click on the 'Add New PC' button to add a new remote computer to the Address Book. Enter the remote IP address or click 'Browse' and select the target computer from your 'Network Places'
- Select the target PC from the Address Book and press 'Connect'
- Enter the Access Password (if requested)
- Click the 'Full Control' button and control the remote desktop with your mouse and keyboard from the Remote Screen window